FAW Tier two league formed in 1990

Nine goal thriller

An hectic start at Denbigh saw the home side hit the post twice in the first five minutes and Caernarfon denied by the cross bar before Warren Duckett gave Denbigh a tenth minute lead, there were plenty of other chances in the first half which ended with Nathan Craig equalising for Caernarfon from the penalty spot. Eight minutes into the second half Andrew Swarbrick restored the lead for Denbigh and Craig Pritchard then scored a good goal to increase their lead. Caernarfon bounced back with a screamer from full back Joe Williams and with the game well into added on time Craig scored his second penalty of the game to give the league leaders a point as they finished the game with ten men after the dismissal of Rhys Roberts

There were goals galore at Rhyl were visitors Porthmadog won by the odd goal in nine. Sion Bradley opened the scoring for Porth after nine minutes but two goals from Alan Webb turned the game in Rhyl’s favour. Joe Chaplin drew Porth level but it was Rhyl who held the half time advantage thanks to an Alex Titchiner goal. Jordon Barrow increased Rhyl’s lead after fifty-eight minutes only for Chaplin to complete his hattrick to draw Porth level and Sion Edwards had the last word with a goal ten minutes from time to give Porthmadog the points

Penrhyncoch took seventeenth minute lead at Gresford Athletic through Eilian Evans, Athletic fought back to have the half time advantage with goals from Adam Davies and Mike Latham. A very late goal from Cledan Davies gave Penryn a hard earned away point

Holywell Town moved into second spot in the table with a one nil win at Holyhead Hotspur. The game was goalless at the break thanks to a great penalty save from Shaun Pearson in the Holywell goal who kept out Kenleigh Owens spot kick. Holywell captain Stave Thomas score the only goal of the game after fifty-five minutes

Ruthin Town led one nil at half time at home to Guilsfield with the leagues leading scorer Llyr Morris on target, Jordon MacCarter doubled their advantage before Asa Hamilton pulled a goal back for Guilsfield who finished the game with nine men after the dismissals of Stuart Rogers and Adam Jenkins