FAW Tier two league formed in 1990
Last season 2019


Huws Gray cup holders Flint Town United went out at the first attempt as Holyhead Hotspur won two one at Cae Y Castell. Holyhead lead led two nil at the break thanks to goals from Jamie McDaid and Alex Jones. The league’s leading goal scorer Mark Cadwallader netted for Flint in the last minute as Holyhead went into the lhat for the round two draw

League leaders Airbus Broughton progressed at the expense of Holywell Town, they led two nil at the break thanks to goals from Matty McGinn and Asa Hamilton with McGinn and Lewis Buckley adding second half goals

Conwy Borough also won four nil with the prolific Corrig McGonigle netting a hattrick including a penalty, Cory Williams adding the other goal

Porthmadog progressed to the next round thanks to a three-nil win against Buckley Town who last week beet them in a league fixture, Ifan Jones and Joe Chaplin scored in the first fifteen minutes to put Porth in the driving seat and a second half Iwan Lewis goal saw them safely through

Prestatyn Town also scored four goals as they made it through to the second round against visitors Penrhyncoch. Aron White and Ian Griffiths goals gave them a two-goal half time advantage with Griffiths and Dave Hayes added second half strikes

Ruthin Town progressed to the next round thanks to an odd goal in five home victory against Guilsfield. Adam Jenkins put the Guils ahead after seventeen minutes with Kevin Evans equalising for Ruthin before the break. Ruthin took control in the second half with goals from Llyr Morris and Osian Davies only for Jack Harris to score from the penalty spot to give the Guils hope but Ruthin held on to go through to round two

On Friday evening Bangor City and Gresford Athletic fought out a thrilling cup tie with Bangor finally progressing by five goals to three. Bangor took the lead after fifteen minutes through Steve Hewitt but three goals in a five-minute spell gave Gresford the advantage, Kieran Evans, Sam Molyneux and Jack Chaloner on target. Les Davies added a second for Bangor before the break. A Sam Barnes goal levelled the sore nine minutes into the second held and further goals from Robbie Parry and Jacob Farliegh saw Bangor progress to round two

Sam Downey netted after two minutes as Denbigh took the lead at Rhyl. Mike Prichard levelled for the home team after seventeen minutes only for Sam Jones to restore Denbigh’s lead on the stroke of half time. Rhyl piled the pressure on in the second half but Denbigh held on to go through as Rhyl finished the game with ten men after Pritchard received a second yellow card


Denbigh Town v Airbus Broughton
Holyhead Hotspur v Ruthin Town
Porthmadog v Conwy Borough
Prestatyn Town v Bangor City