FAW Tier two league formed in 1990


With the championship already won by Airbus Broughton the attention turns to bottom of the league as clubs look to avoid relegation to the feeder leagues. Three of the bottom four lost at home with only Penrhyncoch picking up maximum points as they beat Gresford Athletic. Jon Evans opened the scoring from the penalty spot after seventeen minutes and nine minutes into the second half Tom Evans doubled the Roosters advantage. Josh Shaw added a third before Jack Chaloner scored a consolation for Gresford.

Holywell Town took the lead after thirty minutes against visitors Porthmadog, Damian Ketley on target. They held the lead until the sixty fifth minute when Sion Edwards equalised and in the eighty ninth minute Sion Parry scored the third and decisive goal for Porthmadog

A goal in the twenty-seven minute by Shaun Tinsley gave Buckley Town the points at Denbigh Town.

Prestatyn Town came from behind to win at Llanrhaeadr YM. Tom Evans gave YM the lead after seventeen minutes, by half time is was all level with Ben Maher scoring a penalty for Prestatyn and it was Mayer who earned the points for Town with his second five minutes from time

Champions Airbus Broughton won the league cup final dress rehearsal at Holyhead Hotspur by four goals to nil. They led one nil at the break thanks to a Nathan Wolfe goal added three more in the second half through Sam Hart, Ryan Edwards and Lewis Buckley. Holyhead now await the decisions on which clubs have obtained the tier two criteria with relegation looking likely

Two first half goals from mark Cadwallader and Dylan Allshorn gave second placed Flint Town United the points against visitors Guilsfield

The leagues leading goal scorers faced each other in the Conwy Borough versus Ruthin Town game and they both got on the scoresheet in a one all draw. Connor McGonigle gave Conwy Borough the lead nine minutes into the second half with Llyr Morris getting Ruthin’s equaliser a minute from time

On Friday Bangor City came out on top at home to Rhyl by the odd goal in seven. Jacob Farleigh gave Bangor a fourteenth minute lead and Robbie Parry doubled their advantage nine minutes later with Tom Reilly make in it three nil after thirty-four minute. Sam Molyneux pulled one back for Rhyl to make it three one at the break. Robbie Parry scored his second of the match from the penalty spot to increase Bangor’s lead on sixty-two minutes. Rhyl fought back to make it four three with a James Murphy double, but Bangor held on to take the points